Our on-campus camps take place at the following UBC Facilities:
- Osborne Centre
- War Memorial Gym
- Student Recreation Centre (SRC)
- UBC Tennis Centre
- BC Binning Studios
- Dorothy Sommerset Studios
- UBC Aquatic Centre
- Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Arena
- UBC Ropes Course
- And various Thunderbird Park fields
We have expanded our programming to offer off-campus camps at Wesbrook Community Centre, Douglas Park, Acadia Beach (Vancouver), Jericho Beach, and Spanish Banks West. The location of each camp is listed above the camp description.
Parking is available adjacent to most camp locations. More detailed information regarding our drop off/pick-up locations will be emailed to participants in an information email the Thursday or Friday before your children’s camp start date. For further information on parking rates and lot locations please visit the UBC Parking & Access website at: www.parking.ubc.ca.
All of our UBC Camp instructors are certified in Emergency First-Aid. As well, the University hospital is located on campus and provides complete first aid and medical services should they be needed. At the time of registration please notify us of any medical conditions or allergies. If your camper requires medication while at camp, please additionally fill out and e-mail us (email@example.com) a medication information form prior to coming to camp, located here.
Most of our camps do not run on statutory holidays. This summer (2018) there are two statutory holidays of concern; Monday, July 2nd and Monday, August 6th. Please check the dates listed for each camp carefully.
UBC Camps reserves the right to cancel any program due to low registration, unforeseen circumstances, or conditions that make any such activity unsafe. Parent/guardian(s) will be informed at least 7 days in advance of program start date.
All withdrawals and refund requests made 7 days prior to the program start date are subject to an admin fee. Withdrawals and refund requests made within 7 days of the program start date are not eligible for a partial or full refund.
- Public Camp Cost < $50.00: $5.00 admin fee
- Public Camp Cost $50.00< $100.00: $10.00 admin fee
- Public Camp Cost > $100.00:$25.00 admin fee
- Refunds will be made in the same form as the payment received
- Admin fees are applied per camp
A full refund or credit will be granted for medical reasons which prevent the participant from attending camp. If the program has already begun, medical refunds are only issued for the unused portion of the camp. Parent/guardian(s) will be required to fill out a refund request form and must provide medical documentation from a licensed physician. Notes must be received within one week from the date of the injury/illness.
A full refund or credit will be granted for program cancellations. In this case, no administration fee will be charged and the balance in full will remain on the account, or refunded in the same form as the payment received.
UBC Camps is continually working to provide the best possible services to the community. We encourage your suggestions and/or comments regarding your experience with us. Please call our office at (604) 822-1540 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback. Your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you!
Campus Community Rate (CCR) Discounts
The Campus Community Rate (CCR) was developed to cater to those living on UBC campus. To be eligible for CCR rates and associated facility access, each resident must
- Currently reside in a University Neighbourhoods Association (UNA), CSC, Utown affiliated residence
- Produce a valid individualized CCR Card.
- Register in-person at the UBC Camps Office
- CCR parent(s)/guardian(s) may register more than one child per adult card
CCR discount refund requests must be made in person under the following conditions:
- A valid receipt must be attached
- The deadline for refund request submissions is 14 calendar days immediately following the conclusion of the program term. Requests submitted outside of this window will not be considered.