As a volunteer with UBC Camps you will have the opportunity to develop and enhance your skills as a leader; and have a blast while doing it! Providing an extraordinary experience is the only way to be Vancouver’s camp of choice. If you are looking for a fun and rewarding volunteer placement that will provide you with memorable experiences, look no further! UBC Camps accepts volunteers ages 14+ who are passionate and ready to contribute (and learn) about the unique benefits of working with children and youth.
So why not volunteer with…
If you have what it takes to inspire others with a positive attitude, while assisting our leaders in providing an exceptional camp experience, we encourage you to apply.
Volunteer applications will open March 1, 2019. Application Deadline April 30, 2019.
Other Important Details:
- PARENTS: Please encourage your child to complete their application and communicate with us independently. This process is a great opportunity for your child to develop relevant skills as they enter the workforce!
- The minimum age to volunteer with UBC Camps is 14 years old.
- A criminal record check (with vulnerable sector check if 18 years of age or older) will be required once we approve your application. Details regarding this will be sent via email once you have been approved as a volunteer.
- A valid and current Babysitter’s Training Certificate or Emergency First Aid Certificate with CPR-C and AED will be required once we approve your application.
- If under the age of 18, parent/guardian consent is required once we approve your application.
- It is very important that the information you submit on your application is 100% accurate.
- In order to volunteer with UBC Camps you must attend the full duration of volunteer training – late May/early June, TBA.
- We receive a very high volume of volunteer applications, and unfortunately will not be able to accept all applications.
- PLEASE NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.